What is your ‘Apple Blossom Love Story’?
For almost 93 years, the Valley has been home to the Apple Blossom Festival. It serves as a celebration of the arrival of springtime and as a focal point for civic pride. Every year, community members volunteer and unite to paint the town pink and green. Sometimes it’s hard to see past the elaborate pink and green outfits and the echo of the marching band in the Grand Feature Parade, but, we want to offer an inside look into the stories behind Apple Blossom. What’s the core of your love of Apple Blossom? What keeps you coming back, or, if you haven’t been back in a while, story or memory makes you want to join us for the celebration again?
Does the aroma of a funnel cake and the bite of a candy apple incite nostalgia? Do you recall your children’s first apple blossom, or perhaps your own childhood bloom memory? Did you meet the love of your life here? Did you get down on one knee in the middle of mid-way? Do you Love Lucy and did you meet Lucille Ball at the 1964 Apple Blossom?
Whatever your story may be, however old, however recent, we want to hear it! Share your Apple Blossom love stories with the Shenandoah Valley and visitors from around the world.
Get creative with a video, send us some supplemental photographs with a short story, or simply send us a short, yet heartwarming memory.
Sending photographs to go along with stories are encouraged, however, do not send the actual photographs, only copies will be accepted.
Letter/Story/Essay entries please no longer than 500 words.
Video submissions may be no longer than 2 minutes.
Photographs, stories, and videos must fall under guidelines detailed below.
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
- To enter, submit stories, images, and/or videos below.
By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that they own the picture and/or video submitted, and (ii) it does not violate the rights of any third parties. No lewd, nude, crude, or offensive stories, photographs, and/or videos (as determined by the Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. The Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
- Selected entrants will be recognized on the Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival’s social media and thebloom.com.
- Each entry will be notified via the contact info they provide the Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival before any content is posted to social media (facebook and Instagram) or thebloom.com.
- By entering this Contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against The Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival, and their respective parents, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.