At this time, a report on the “Ticket Situation” for the 91st Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival® is as follows:
- The Prayer Brunch is Sold Out.
- The Bloomers’ Luncheon is Sold Out.
- The Sports Breakfast is Sold Out.
- The Stag Luncheon VIP Section is Sold Out.
- The Oldies Rock ‘n’ Roll Dance will sell out very soon.
- The Country Music Dance Party is selling very quickly [30 to 40 tickets a day].
- One-Day Wine Festival tickets are selling very quickly [30 to 40 tickets a day].
- The Business-at-the-Bloom tickets are selling very quickly and this event will sell out.
- The First and Second Row Grand Feature Parade seats are selling very quickly at all locations.
The Festival is extremely grateful to its many, many fans that so loyally support its broad array of events every year. At the same time, the Festival is somewhat chagrined that any Festival fans can end up without tickets. The Festival is constantly asked the question: Why are the tickets for so many events sold out each spring?
One of the Festival’s problems is, as they say, a “good problem to have.” Festival events are popular. With over 40 individual events in 10 intense days, the Festival works diligently to find the best venues that it can; but, many Festival events could sell tickets in the 1,000 to 2,000 range; and, that creates a difficult situation.
The Festival has gone to great lengths over the past ten years to try to disseminate the following piece of information: When the Official Festival Souvenir Store and Ticket Outlet opens each spring on the first Friday in April, the ticket inventory in the Store is not the sum-total of all the tickets that the Festival intends to sell. The ticket inventory in the Store at that time is what is left after five months of pre-selling.The timeline is as follows:
- On the evening of the second Wednesday in November, the Festival holds its Annual Theme Announcement Gala. At this private function, the Festival’s new Ticket Brochure is also introduced.
- On the second Thursday in November [the next day], at 8:00am, tickets for the next Festival go on sale at Apple Blossom Headquarters at 135 North Cameron Street, in Old Town Winchester.
- By the Christmas Holiday Season, half of the tickets to popular Festival events like the Bloomers’ Luncheon, the Prayer Brunch and the Sports Breakfast have already been sold.
- In January, tickets for many Festival events are also set up for on-line sales at the Festival web site.
- By late winter/early spring, tickets for most of the Festival’s most popular events, like the Bloomers’ Luncheon, the Prayer Brunch, the Sports Breakfast, et cetera, are nearly in a “Sold Out” condition.
- By March 1st, the Festival usually stops further sales to these events in order to have at least a representative 100 tickets for each event when the Store opens.
To all of our wonderful Festival Friends…..to the entire Bloom Nation…..we love you; but, please, please, please help us to get the word out to everyone that, as you are making your Christmas preparations, you need to buy your Festival tickets. This is the only true way that you can protect yourself from the “Sold-Out Blues!”