The first box of the first ever FULL COLOR 90th Festival Program Books were delivered by Winchester Printers owner Ron Hottle to the Official Souvenir Store and Ticket Outlet today at 3:00 p.m.
“The Festival takes pride in our support of local businesses. We value the many business partnerships we have cultivated with our neighbors through the years, and Winchester Printers’ long history of producing our Souvenir Program Book is a prime example. They have been a great partner to the Festival for many years.” ~ Mike Stanfield, President
“The Festival had some new ideas in mind to modernize the Souvenir Program Book in 2017; and, among these, was our first all color Program Book. Winchester Printers, as they always have in the past, met that challenge.” (quote – John Rosenberger)
We wanted to make this a special event, in honor of the first all-color Program Book, and in honor of the Hottle family and their continuous printing of our official Souvenir Program Book for many years. Below is a historical timeline of the printing of the Festival’s program books and it’s publishers since 1924:
- 1924 (1) Shenandoah Publishing, Strasburg, Virginia
- 1925 (2) Unknown
- 1926 (3) Lanman Engraving, Washington, DC
- 1927 (4) Shenandoah Publishing, Strasburg, Virginia
- 1928 (5) Office Supply (Winchester Printers and Stationers), Winchester, Virginia
- 1929-1934 (6-11) Winchester Printers and Stationers, Winchester, Virginia
- 1935-1941 (12-18) Pifer Printing, Winchester
- 1946 (19) Whitney & White, Ranson, W Va.
- 1947-1949 (20-22) Kaufman Press, Washington, DC
- 1950-1958 (23-31) Whitney & White, Ranson, W Va.
- 1959-1968 (32-41) Carr Publishing, Berryville, VA
- 1969-1970 (42-43) Potomac Press
- 1971-2016 (44-89) Winchester Printers, Winchester, Va.
- 2017 (90) Winchester Printers, Winchester, Va.