- Festival Organizers are saddened and stunned that, in the same week we announced the appearance of country artist, Lauren Alaina, at the 2017 Country Music Party, we have been notified by her agents at the Nashville Office of Creative Artists Agency that she will not be able to keep that appearance date.
- On Thursday, 2/9, representatives of Creative Artists Agency approved of the use of the following statement: “Due to unforeseen circumstances resulting from a scheduling conflict, Lauren Alaina will not be able to be at the Winchester Apple Blossom Festival. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and all parties involved will be working hard to get Lauren back for next year’s Festival.”
- Festival Executive Director, John Rosenberger, offered this opinion: “When you book as many performance acts and as many celebrities as we do, these things just happen. This happens to us about every three years on average. I remember when Al Roker had a death in the family and couldn’t attend; but, he came the next year to serve as Grand Marshal. Michael Vick had to cancel because of Rookie Camp with the Atlanta Falcons; but, he came the next year to serve as Sports Marshal. A few years ago, our featured Country Music Artist cancelled very late in the game; and, Darryl Worley flew all the way in from California on a red-eye flight to take his place. Darryl put on a dynamite show!”
- Festival President, Mike Stanfield, added his personal feelings on the subject: “Don’t worry, Folks! We hate to lose Lauren, but these things just happen some times. Our Country Music Party Co-Chairs, Tom Eshelman and Gail Yost, are already hard at work finding a headliner that the country fans of Bloomtown will love! Stay tuned, we promise you won’t be disappointed!”
- The Festival sincerely hopes that those who have already ordered tickets for the 2017 Country Music Party will be willing to let their paid order forms stand until a new headline act can be announced. Our best advice would be: “Wait and see! What can it hurt? You may be glad you did!”
- However, if you are very specifically a Lauren Alaina fan; and, you would like a refund on your tickets, you need to contact Apple Blossom Headquarters at 540-662-3863; or, by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org; or, by U. S. Mail at 135 North Cameron Street, Winchester, Virginia, 22601. Even though the physical tickets have not been printed yet, the Festival will locate your Order Form, and will fully refund the face value of your tickets [$25.00 each] to you by check. These checks can be picked up in person at Apple Blossom Headquarters at the address above; or, can be mailed to you by U. S. Mail. We’re sorry, but by standard policy, we cannot refund any handling charges or bank fees or other fees.
- We want to help our Festival Fans to make the right decision; so, we will allow refunds to be requested up to a point two weeks after we announce the new headliner for the 2017 Country Music Party. At the time of the announcement of the new headliner, we will remind everyone that they still have two weeks to get refunds on Lauren Alaina ticket orders if they desire to do so. We thank you all for your patience!