The twelfth annual Kids’ Bloomin’ Mile is a race open to all children ages 6 to 14. Nearly 1,300 kids ran the mile in 2013. The certified course runs in front of the parade grandstand and covers the first mile of our famous 10K course. The race will be held at 4 p.m. on Friday, May 1, and age-group awards will be presented promptly after the race. All registered runners will receive a T-shirt and a commemorative timing chip. All of those who finish will receive a medal. Join us for this fun event and stay for the 2014 Firefighters’ Parade, which immediately follows.
Check out chessiephoto.com to purchase photos of this event!
Or click here to download registration PDF and mail in
In addition to Shenandoah Valley Orthodontics, the event is sponsored by Jim Stutzman Chevrolet-Cadillac, Sacred Heart Academy, Buffalo Wild Wings, Frederick County Parks and Rec., Runners’ Retreat, Valley Health, Schenck Foods, Lowe’s, and Winchester Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine.
Kids Bloomin’ Mile Map
CERTIFIED RACE COURSE
FOR AGES 6-14
FOR ALL FINISHERS
T-SHIRTS FOR ALL
AGE GROUP AWARDS
AGE GROUP WINNERS
WILL RIDE IN GRAND
Friday, May 1, 2015
$13.00 by April 1, 2015
$20.00 after April 24, 2015
Race Day Registration & Packet Pickup:
Race day registration and packet pickup begins at 1:30 p.m. and closes promptly at 3:45 p.m. No one will be allowed to register after 3:45 p.m.
North Side Handley Bowl – Handley Blvd.
Begins and ends in front of the Grandstands; follows first mile of 10k.
- CHIP TIMING: Both events will be scored by Runner’s High using the ChampionChip Timing System. On race day, runners will be issued a computer chip which is attached to the shoelace and worn throughout the race. Timing mats at the finish will record a finishing time for each chip.
- No Shower Facilities available.
- No Refunds.
- Restroom facilities are available at the Handley Blvd. (Accessible facilities available).
- Awards Nontransferable and No Duplication of Awards.
- No bicycles, roller blades, scooters, skate boards, headphones, strollers or animals on leashes allowed on race course.
- Water, other fluids, and snacks available for runners.